My Biscuit Story: What Pattern Making got to do with it

Happy Sunday people,

It seems I am having fun typing away. I hope this continues, so I can load this blog with so much of my musings about FASHION of course.

So today, I went to the market after service (please don't judge me)... guilty conscience. I then decided to get myself my current favorite biscuit... Igloo Coconut Cookies.

As I pointed it to the biscuit to the seller, a lady I met there told me about this NEW biscuit, I should try... OK. I left what I had in mind to buy, and got myself this NEW biscuit.

As soon as I  had the opportunity,  I opened the biscuit to enjoy it.

It was nice, but to me, it did not measure up to Igloo Coconut Cookies... my opinion

My point here is after getting the information from the lady, I decided to take a risk, and try. As the saying goes "The proof of the pudding is in the eating".

Confidence can only be built when to you step out on your own. Look at a child learning to walk... He takes a step, falls down, stands, and keep trying till the goal of walking is achieved.

When it comes to sewing and pattern drafting, a lot of people do not want to take risk, and this is so sad, because no person or school can teach you everything, or how to draft patterns for every style. There will always be new style, would you always need to go back to your teacher when you have the basic knowledge tools that would guide you?

You need to build confidence for yourself.

Take risk.

Come up with YOUR design, connect the dots of your knowledge, make the pattern, cut the cloth, sew it.

Yes, you would be afraid... (I too...have fears) but courage is not the absence of fear, but acting in spite of fear.

You might not get the desired result, but the good news is that you have learnt a way which does not work. You try again, and tweak your steps based on the observation of the result you got.


At OOTI we give you the Basic knowledge tool you can use to bring to life your creativity. You need to be ready to step out with this knowledge and create spectacular.

P.S. This post was written some months ago, but was not published until now, but the truths contained in it is timely... Cheers

XOXO
Osamudaime



Comments

Post a Comment

Enter your comments

Popular

Foundations to Sewing and Pattern Drafting Course - women's wear

Pattern Drafting Versus Free Hand Cutting

Corset Masterclass - LOADING