My NYSC and Pattern Making Story

I worked my posting to Lagos. Yes, the very introverted Osamudiame worked her posting to Lagos.
(It is not against the law).

After graduating from University, reality smiled on me. It was a time of soul searching, and the question I posed to myself was: Do you want to practice Computer Engineering (My course of study)?

Guess what? I couldn't answer this simple question.

I had spent Five (5) years of my life studying and at the point where it should be my profession, I wasn't sure.

I have always love the process of making a garment, and I thought why don't I make use of Service year for my first love, before fully deciding on what steps to take afterwards.

In other to make the Service year really count for my first love, I knew that Lagos was the place to be, and so I worked my posting to Lagos.

Service year for me was a mixture of emotions. I was posted to an IT firm (YAY!!! big money.... your right). I struggled through out my time there, so many thing did not seem right.

One day, I skipped work to attend a paid (I paid two thousand naira) Fashion Seminar, and we were told about an opportunity to intern at Zebra Living (a Fashion house). We needed to write  a cover letter, and the person whose cover letter stands out, gets the opportunity.

I went back home, and my lovely Sister and I began work on the cover letter. to cut the story short, I got the internship opportunity (YAY!!!).

I came to an understanding with my PPA, and resumed work as an intern at the fashion house (without pay).

But I wanted to learn about Pattern drafting, as this was part of what took me to Lagos. I then sought for a Fashion School, were I registered for Saturday classes.

Looking back now, I can say, I am very happy the way I maximized my service year. It was not a bed of roses, but everything worked out for my advantage. I met people, I attended fashion seminars, trunk shows, I took part in my first ever fashion show, and I won....

I remember when I was informed about the fees for the fashion school....hmmm. It was well over Fifty Thousand Naira; and NYSC allowee at that time was less than Ten Thousand Naira. I paid... I don't know how, but I paid....without my parents adding anything for me. Did I forget to mention that there was no discount for Corpers?

On starting business, after being asked by some Corpers if we have discounts available to them, this reminded me of my story, and I decided offer Corpers discount in our Courses.

We offer a whooping 50% discount to corpers - in our evening and weekend class-, and more discounts if you refer us to a friend who ends up registering with us.

If you say we have not tried for Corpers..... Well, you are entitled to your opinion.

Corpers, the good news is we are opened to register a new batch.

Classes would start in July, and the slots are limited. it is on a first come basis, so if you slack, the next oppurtunity might be after your service year, without the discount benefit.

For details about our course offering click here
For details about our offering to corpers, click here

To speak to our representative, call 0708726825

PS. New Session of weekday classed begins in July

Comments

Popular

Foundations to Sewing and Pattern Drafting Course - women's wear

Pattern Drafting Versus Free Hand Cutting

Corset Masterclass - LOADING