My Thoughts: Confidence in your Work


Man cannot discover new oceans 
unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.
 - Andre Gide - 

An essential part of creativity is not being afraid to fail.
-Dr Edwin Land-

This morning, I found time to do two posts on our Instagram handle @OOTIKano. As I turned on my data this evening I got a notification about a comment...  (who does not like a comment on ones post... call me vain, Nah you sabi)
Student's Work: First garment deliverable


Excited, I went to check out the comment, to my surprise, a handle I had sometime gone through and admired was the commenter...Yepa😃😄😄

Dont get me wrong, I know we take our time to impact knowledge here at Osas Olumese Training Institute, I know we ensure that the students follow the outlined steps to come up with their unique style, I know we have tweaked and tweaked the curriculum - to ensure that it reflects new trends and maximizes the times students spend with us; but yet an outside opinion, of a handle I have high regards for mattered.

My excitement about the comment was short-lived, by my preceding lines of thought. I wondered how many our our students felt excited about their work, before an outsider made a positive comment. 

I am a person who always beat myself to give my best to every given task. the truth is this, most times i do not feel as though the result is beautiful. I normally do keep quite, as i showcase my work. I always do get compliments from people, and maybe that is what gives me a sense of admiration for my result..... this does not sound good, at least, i know i do not want this. I do not want to be the one sending out negative vibes on my work.

Sometimes I think it is a temperament thing, but I do not really understand the temperament thing. So i consciously put my mind to LOVE every bit of the process to the finish. This give me the courage to willing loose sight of the shore, thus implementing my ideas without second guessing.

I am confident in what we offer at OOTI.

We are the best in Northern Nigeria when it comes to teaching Sewing and Pattern Drafting.

Learn with us.

New Session loading

Comments

Popular

Foundations to Sewing and Pattern Drafting Course - women's wear

Pattern Drafting Versus Free Hand Cutting

Corset Masterclass - LOADING