Nigeria 2, Iceland 0

I listened to the Match between Nigeria and Iceland. This is a first for me, and I enjoyed every bit of it. 

I cant remember ever watching a football match from beginning to end (don't judge me). 

It was time for the match, and at that particular time, I was tired of listening to music on my memory card, and decided to switch over to a radio channel. Voila Wazobia FM Kano was prepping to start their commentary. 

On hearing this Mercy (a team member at Osas Olumese) increased the volume. I was surprised she had interest in football, as I had on two different occasions exited football commentaries - I voiced out my surprise, as she commented... "it is Nigeria playing". I knew it was Nigeria playing but....Football is not my thing. Since I was bored listening to music, why not listen to the football commentary along sides other team members who I am sure were also interested.

Team ... This has been in my mind for quite sometime, especially with regards to having an excited team in the workplace. 

We at Osas Olumese comprise presently of less than ten (10) people, who make up our work team. we are growing, and would like to achieve more even with our number. I as the founder, realize that we can do more, and we can enjoy working together more.... but there has to be somethings in place; talking about culture. I am currently very hands on in the business, so I can feel what is going on around. The feeling is not bad, but it can be better.

Knowing this, I need to put Systems and Structures in place to make it better. We are building a world class organisation, and I don't take little things for granted.

My team members and I still do have a lot of learning to do. But I, who is currently responsible for setting the required structure in place have so so so much more learning to do. 

The start point for me should be (in my opinion) asking my team members for ideas.... I do ask for their ideas, but on a lot of occasions get a "no comment" response. So the way forward for me has been asking people in the fashion industry outside my office, asking Google, learning from online groups and so on.

Talking about learning from online groups, there is this relatively new Facebook group for Designers, and their focus unlike other groups is the business side... you can check it out here. I just joined, and I have already learnt a lot (I did go through the past post, I had missed :) )

Back to my football listening experience... this is one of the best team bonding activity we have engaged in... I still have memories of it, in my head, and it brings a smile to my face.

Do you have any team bonding activity you engage in, to lift the spirit of your team?
Share with us in the comment box.

***This write up is not a rant. It is just my thoughts, as I work in growing a world class organisation. you are free to share your opinion in the comment box.

PS: Registration is ongoing for July session

Warm Regards
Osamudiame Olumese

Comments

Popular

Foundations to Sewing and Pattern Drafting Course - women's wear

Pattern Drafting Versus Free Hand Cutting

Corset Masterclass - LOADING