Birthday Gist Part 1: The highlight was my Dress!!


Looking at the time, I realized it was 12:04 AM, 20th July, 2018.

Yay!!! It is my Birthdaay.

I said a quick prayer, and then it was time to sleep.



I woke up excited, smiling to everyone at home, but they didn't even realize it was my day. Funny enough, my sister  had reminded me the day before about what happened Eleven (11) years ago. That day doubled as my birthday and my sister's convocation... so everybody forgot my side.

Anyways, my childishness 11years ago, did not steal my excitement this year, although I didn't remind them, I went to the office as usual. I was the first person in, and I ensured I monopolized the music box with my choice of songs😊.

As my colleagues came in, they wished me happy birthday...except one (Kelechi). How could they forget, as I had on numerous occasions reminded Sekina (one of my Mighty girls) that she would be making my birthday dress.
Birthday Girl - moi
Sekina
Fast forward to about three(3) hours latter, the cakes I had ordered came in. Students of OOTI, also started dropping by to extend their wishes.

Earlier on Sarah (another of my Mighty girls) had told me she would love to make me up. I was surprise, as I thought I had done justice to my facial appearance as per birthday things. Anyways, I agreed, as I was open to all the fun I could have on this day... But I suggested we do some work first (customers don't want to hear... it is my birthday, so your cloth is not ready😖).

Sarah

Time was going... a student was going home, makeup was yet to be done... I would love her to be in the pictures.... I had to leave the work I was doing to go and get my make up done by Sarah.... and that was the end my work day as I was so excited, I couldn't keep still.

Did I mention that Sarah was looking so haute... you could have mistaken her for the celebrate. I think Sarah's excitement was more than mine.

Seeing Sarah reminded me of something my customer turned friend  Lolade of Never Too Glam, said about ensuring all her wedding guest have the same style of clothing so they wont out dress her, the bride. Sarah was .......but I was excited about her excitement for me, and I was also excited that she took her time  in dressing for my day.

Sarah and I

The make up session.

I did not know whether to be scared or happy that I was going to be made up, as I did not want any surprises, and I did not want to hurt Sarah's feeling...but anyways, I decided that whatever the result look like, it would add to the excitement.




In order to ensure we captured the moment, I asked Peace (Another Mighty girl of mine) to be our professional phone photographer...LOL.... then we realized none of us had a very good camera. Anyways I had already decided that nothing would interfere with my excitement, we made it work with what was available, and then came in Ada.







Ada or Faith is the same person, and one of my Mighty girls. She is an expert in changing my mood. Ada is a character on her own, and you can see it from her poses. I needed a picture of her, but she insisted that she would pose in awkward ways...

 this is the drama I normally face whenever she finds time to appear at the office. I was very surprised (okay, not so surprised) when Ada walked in.... Anyways at that moment, her phone came in handy for or professional phone photographer.

I think the makeup took about one (1) hour... during which a customer came in, and phone calls. Then it was time for me to see my self. I was pleasantly surprised by Sarah's work on my face... It was lovely.

The Photo-session now kicked in ..in full force, at this time some more students started coming in, and so did my birthday mate, Fisayo a serving Corper in Kano. She was just coming from an orphanage where she had gone to celebrate with the orphans (such a thoughtful act).



Before I forget, my drama queen Ada, came to inform me during my makeup session, that she was leaving. she said she only dropped by to wish me happy birthday...😊😍😒... This whole episode can only be a heart conversation between me and Ada, the kind in Harry Potter's Stories. I asked her to stay... the more the merrier.











From then to the close of work, I danced, sang, did a professional phone photography session with Sarah.

Okay, I did a certificate presentation to one of our first students Mrs Gloria, who have gone ahead to start her business.

Chinwe,  who started learning with us as  Corper was the MC of the day.... she did a great job.



This post is getting too long.

If my description has sounded like fun to you, you can only imagine what learning at OOTI would feel like...

Let me tell you.

It is fun.

You have never learnt Sewing of Pattern Drafting the way we teach it. You also get to met creative people in the Kano Fashion Scene.

Wouldn't you rather learn with us?

For Details of our Course, click Here.



P.S. The remaining gist is in the next post

Comments

Popular

Corset Masterclass - LOADING

Pattern Drafting Versus Free Hand Cutting

Foundations to Sewing and Pattern Drafting Course - women's wear