Fashion Apprentice

When you have the idea for a blog post.... better blog away. Dont think it twice

Anyways.... I have four apprentice and many students.


Our students have a structured relationship with the business, but our apprentice do not.

About four years ago, when my assistant came to ask me if I wanted an apprentice, my first answer was NO. I really did not want to be baby sitting anyone. She was still in Secondary School, and I did not have experience with teenage girls wahala.

After many thoughts, I agreed, and as at today, I have four of them, the first is still with us and she is the youngest. The journey has had its ups and downs. They just know how to press my buttons. We even had breaks, where I told all of them I have had enough of them.

Looking back I smile.

I am a lot of times thinking of them as My Mighty Girls.... (you know how David had Mighty Men 2 Samuel 23:8-39, right?)

A lot of times I envy them, and I make them know this. I wish I knew what they now know when I was their age. I hope they realize that every time I say these words I mean it. The youngest, and My first just wrote her WAEC this year; while the eldest wrote WAEC last year. One is already in the Tertiary institution, studying Fashion Design (this surprised me)

They know how to pattern draft and sew YAY!

The truth is they may not pursue fashion as a means of lively hood, but no one can take the knowledge the already have.

We may find it difficult to take in apprentice, but we are open to receive students always (that is the business we do).

No matter the level you are at, you can always learn how to sew and pattern draft. Infact, we have many mothers as students, with some having a job.

Slots are still open  in our Evening classes starting Monday 16th July, 2018,
and out Weekday class Starting Monday 23rd July, 2018
For course details, click here
__________________________

Discounts available to corpers. See details here.

Comments

Popular

Corset Masterclass - LOADING

Pattern Drafting Versus Free Hand Cutting

Foundations to Sewing and Pattern Drafting Course - women's wear