Thinking out Loud: Work Schedule

A while back, I wrote about processes, and structure.... Though I am still learning, I am always excited about seeing my thoughts in black and white, so that when I have gotten a hold of it, I would be able to look back and appreciate where I am coming from.

It is popular story that tailors disappoint.

This is so sad, as no one starts business with a mind set to disappoint; every one wants to be that tailor whose Monday, is Monday;  but as business grows (even with few customers, sef), scheduling work just becomes something else. Many be it doesn't become something else, but laziness to the task of scheduling sets in.



Last week Saturday, after receiving a lot of customers clothes, we became fully booked for the month of November. As a result, the clothes we recieved on Monday had to fall into a deliverable for December (Thank God for customers who understands)...

Fast forward to today Wednesday, a walk in customer, who wants the finished work delivered this month, in her words "I would not mind picking it up tomorrow, it is a simple top, if you want to do it for me you can", and a whatsApp prospect, who want to do emotional black mail "her birthday is by month end, and we would love to do a photo shoot, I would love it delivered in 7days😲".

When one is not in-touch with the work at hand, little things like this would disrupt the schedule, and then the cycle of disappointment continues. This comes with pressure, emotional blackmail, and all the other feelings that is not so nice.

Yes your schedule should be flexible...
How can one do a workable schedule, where there is high demand for your service?
Would increasing your charges keep away time wasters from you?

Ehn... the time wasters sef.... this one should be a major blog post on its own (time wasters... God is watching you)

Back to the matter...

The truth is that, I as a business person, I will be so happy, if clothes can go out a day after they come in, no matter the volume (we will get there, in Jesus Name, Amen); this will increase the velocity of money... I did not come to Kano to count the number of Kofas (LOL🤣🤣). But this is not the case yet.

So the answer to all this is very obvious create a WORK SCHEDULE.

I just remembered, a job that has to fit into my November... OOTI and Osas Olumese is working together to create hundred (100) children-wear for orphans (We can do all things). Gist would be on a latter blog post.

If you do have ideas on how creatives can effectively schedule work, please feel free to share,in the comment.

In other news a new weekday session starts on Monday, 22nd of October, 2018. Register today, don't dull yourself.



Comments

Popular

Foundations to Sewing and Pattern Drafting Course - women's wear

Pattern Drafting Versus Free Hand Cutting

Corset Masterclass - LOADING