How I found out she Loved Red


It was her Grandfather’s book launch, and the whole family would be wearing similar fabric. Her mother not wanting her then 6 months old daughter dressed otherwise, asked that I, her aunty make something for her…. my little niece. Even though I most times don’t enjoy making children’s clothing, I had to make an exception for Sophie.
Sophie Olumese


I came up with what seemed like a baby doll dress, using the chosen Aso-ebi fabric, which was red george. The garment came out beautiful, and of cause, it fit was to be done on Sophie.

On wearing the dress, Sophie’s face lit up. She was so excited. As a baby, she had a lot of new clothes, but the joy in wearing this one was something different. Thinking back, I wish I captured the moment in a video.

She was not left out at her Grandfather’s event. She even participated in the family photo shot, and the smile from the pictures constantly reminds me of the fit day.

I would love to see this smile on the faces of other children, as a result of the beautiful garment they would receive because a group of persons decided to “Spread the Smile”.

Would you love to be a part of this project?

As we at Osas Olumese and OOTI, do our part of providing 100 well sewn garments to the children of two orphanages, you can support us by providing other house hold item that would further broaden their smile.

To make your contribution, call Kelechi: 0811 944 2644 Or Osamudiame:  0708 726 9825.

If you have ideas on how we can make it bigger for the children, please share in the comment box.

Comments

Popular

Foundations to Sewing and Pattern Drafting Course - women's wear

Pattern Drafting Versus Free Hand Cutting

Corset Masterclass - LOADING