When plans change

Yesterday, I had planed to leave the office at 4 PM.

The day before, I left the office, and headed straight for a vigil.
The next morning, I had to attend the wedding of one of our students (I could not have missed this... ever.. it should not even be thought of).

On the day of the wedding, I rushed into the office to ensure that I gave out instructions, that would ensure proper running before running out for the event... behold a customer walks in and requests for her cloth..... hmmm.

That is how my plans for the day started changing.

We made magic happen, I attended the wedding, and I got back home at about 9 PM.
.
.

The main focus of this post is about our Saturday students, who started class sometime this year. As I was ensuring that I sent the cloth out on time, these two ladies were patiently doing their work. They seemed oblivious to the fact that it was way past their closing time. They kept working, even though I made them loosen wrongly done stitches,  they were also quick to advice themselves on what was done wrongly, by correcting themselves.
.
.
A lot of times, we seek inspiration from sources outside of ourselves, but the fact is we can be inspiring (an external source of inspiration for others), if we give our all to doing our ordinary task with an extra.

The truth is this... other students came for the Saturday class, but these two ladies even though they could have easily given up along the line, and called it a day, they kept at it, and they were able to do a skirt block, its working pattern, and finished sewing their skirt in a day... typing this drives home the enormousity of this. I cant remember any student that has achieved this, in a long time.

The truth is that, we are capable of so much... we really do not have an elastic limit as humans (do we?). I also surprised myself...
.
.
Whenever we tell people the time frame within which our course can be completed, they seem surprised at the short time frame, and I am usually quick to add that it can be completed within a shorter period of time,if they are willing to do above and beyond the fashion school's daily expectation.

My question for you today is this... Are you pushing yourself to be more?

Push your self to be more... this is what brings the extra to the ordinary.

Would you like to learn about our course offering? click here

Fashion School in Kano
Fashion School in Kano
P.S. I wrote and edited this post on Sunday, I am just getting to post it today, Monday.... I may be adding pictures at a latter date. But I hope I have been able to drive home the point

Comments

Popular

Corset Masterclass - LOADING

Pattern Drafting Versus Free Hand Cutting

Foundations to Sewing and Pattern Drafting Course - women's wear