I am challenging myself

Wawu!!!

This would be my first post, this month 🙈 (face covered).

Anyways, to the topic.

I want to form the habit of writing. I got inspired to do this, after reading a Facebook post in this regard. So here goes my baby steps.

Fashion School - How to take body measurement


Yesterday Saturday, I was having a conversation with one of our students. She revealed to me that we were the third fashion school she was attending 😲 (this is a wawu something.. LOL).

The truth is that, for everyone who has this pressing quest for knowledge, we always have this feeling, that... " I have not known enough".

This is so true, yet so few people are aware, and also, so few people pursue their quest for knowledge.

Interestingly, I had a similar conversation, during the course of the week, with another student.

Although we may never come to the point where we know all, we must come to a point where we are confident in what we know, in order to produce results from it.

The fact we are confident doesn't mean we short down learning; but we act based on existing knowledge, while we grow in the process.

Although the proverb "experience is the best teacher" has been interpreted in different ways, the truth be said... I have learnt a lot from experience:
  • By trying out theoretical knowledge, practically
  • Observing the result of my practice, noting the issues arising, and observing what I got correctly 
  • Listening to feed back from consumers, to pinpoint areas for improvement.

All these comes together, giving me my own unique way of getting things done.

Although, I have learnt hard lessons, these have been documented, and it is reflected in how we teach, and also in our curriculum, at OOTI.

We would be taking in a new batch of students in August.

Would you love to learn with us?

Details of the registration procedure, and payment details are here.

Cant wait to have you join us.
Do help spread the word

Comments

Popular

Foundations to Sewing and Pattern Drafting Course - women's wear

Pattern Drafting Versus Free Hand Cutting

Corset Masterclass - LOADING