Summer Classes: Engage your Children with Practical, Hands-on Vocational Training this Summer - Learning How to Sew

 I started my journey into the fashion world as a teenager.

Yes, you read right?

I did obviously had dreams and aspiration of what I could make out of it when I grow up (Looking back, I am smiling at my younger self).

I told my parents about this desire of mine, and they agreed - anyways, they had nothing to loose, so they had to agree.

So, during school breaks, I was engaged with a family friend, who is a Fashion Designer....

And here I am. My dreams are growing, and I have results to show for this path I have chosen,


On the other hand, my elder sister, went on to learn hair dressing. She gave her best to being present while at it.

Although, at this time she has  built an accounting career, but the skill is hers. She uses this skill for her children, because she has it... nobody can take it from her.

Summer Classes


Engaging your children in a skill, while they are young, has many benefits, asides the fact that it increases their money making options as adults. They truth be told, they may also never make money off the skill.

As I was making research about some benefits of encouraging children to learn sewing, I saw that amongst the benefits of this skill in particular, is that it teaches children to be patient. you can read more about the article here

I have experienced first hand, how impatient children can be; they want immediate gratification.

Sewing takes them through a process, where every step matters in realizing the final garment, so that for them to get a finished result, they have to patiently go through the process.


At Osas Olumese Training Institute (OOTI), we have created a specialized course for teenagers (those who just finished their junior WAEC) this summer break. It is a Summer Fashion Course, that has been planned to be fun, interactive, and hands-on; with your children learning the fundamentals of sewing, and making use of this fundamentals to make garments for themselves.

At the end of this planned out 5-week Summer Class, you would be surprised at what your children would have learnt. We have planned every of their time with us, so that it would be filled with value.

We as a training institute, love to brag with our students, so we are excited about the structure we have set up for this course. I am certain that every parent whose child goes through this summer class, would be proud of their result. I am imagining their conversation with their peers at the end of this course...

LOL

Would your child be joining us for our summer class?

You should register already.

We have limited slots available... less than ten (10).

Registration closes on Thursday, 14th July 2022

Classes starts: Monday, 18th July 2021

Course Fee: 25,000 Naira


You can call or send a whatsApp message to 08127008535.

To get an overview of what the class covers, click here


If you know anyone who would be interested in the Course, do share this information with them.


I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Comments

Popular

Foundations to Sewing and Pattern Drafting Course - women's wear

Pattern Drafting Versus Free Hand Cutting

Corset Masterclass - LOADING