Vulnurable: Business Finance

Should I confess?

Yay!!!(hands on my head)

See my life in my very before, because I want others to learn (pardon my Nigerian English).

#TrueConfession

My Finance record is very messed up...

This has been a struggle, since I started business... I just want to know where the money is coming from and where it is going to.

I have used pen and paper, books, apps, excel sheet.
I would start, and then begin asking myself, what the point was, as  I never had the time (or more like ..patience) to go through the expenses, to find out what we were spending money on, if the expenses made business sense, if we could reduce or eliminate the expense (typing this blog post, I just thought of a way we could task our office neighbours to contribute in reducing our water expenses)... things like that...

The fact that I had not gotten it right yet, meant I would keep trying (right?)

Fast forward to the end of August, I knew I needed to try out options I hadn't tried...

I put on my thinking hat, and the idea of using google form came to mind... In such case, Google search engine is the way forward. I entered different search parameters, and voila, I was able to build my own form..

Ok, but this still feels like the apps, and excel sheet I had tried previously.

Me asking myself: I hope say this no go enter voice mail (I am an Edo girl, so lets add some pidgin spice).

Since the month began, I have been consistent in entering my expense into the form.

This evening, after entering the day's financial exchange, I decided to "view previous entry" and voila, the magic, ...

I have fallen in love with this way of tracking expenses until we get our in--house accountant.

Can you believe that at the click of the highlight, I saw my expenses broken down in a way I can comprehend at a glance... how much has been spent via cash, and the bank, how much has been spent on each expense category, the percentage expenditure on each category. Did I mention that all this appeared at the click of a button. Did I also mention that I did not enter any formular , all I did was create the form, and entered in expenses...

Wow!!!

I can say I have found what works for me.... I am so excited.

The need to record and track income and expenses in any business cannot be overemphasized, and the business of fashion is not exempted. The benefit of doing this can open new doors for the business.

What are you doing as a Fashion Designer, Tailor, or business owner to track your finance.
Please share in the comment box.

Would you like me to share a link to a sample form ...for tracking expenses?
Tell me in the comment box.

If I get at least five request, I might share.

For now, find out what works for you.

In other news, we are preparing for the start of
Skirt Variation Course (weekday option)
Bodice Course (weekday option) and
Trouser Course (Evening option)

Share this information, with your contacts.
If you are interested, send a whatsapp message to 07087269825

Comments

Popular

Corset Masterclass - LOADING

Foundations to Sewing and Pattern Drafting Course - women's wear

Pattern Drafting Versus Free Hand Cutting